The GSK Ireland IMPACT Awards 2017 are open for applications. There are five grants of €10,000 and five of €2,000 available.
The awards are designed to recognise and reward community-based charities doing work to improve people’s health and wellbeing in Ireland. The awards are open to registered charities that are at least three years old, work in a health-related field in Ireland and with a total annual income between €20,000 and €1,000,000.
The name ‘IMPACT’ derives from the criteria that winners must demonstrate in their application – Innovation, Management, Partnership, Achievement, Community focus and Targeting need.
The benefits of the GSK Ireland IMPACT Award are:
- Up to five winners will receive €10,000 in unrestricted funding.
- Up to five runners up will receive €2,000.
- Winning organisations will be visited by a professional photographer and film crew to provide them with a short film and photography for self promotion.
- Winners will also receive an opportunity to network and learn from other charitable organisations in Ireland.
- The awards provide organisations with an important quality mark to use on websites, email signatures and stationary.
- The GSK Ireland IMPACT winners will be presented with their awards at a ceremony in Dublin in November 2017.
Organisations applying for funding via the GSK Ireland IMPACT Awards will be measured using the following criteria:
Innovation – Leadership, creativity and initiative in addressing current challenges in healthcare access and delivery.
Management – Efficient use of resources; quality of management processes; clear objectives and plans; measurement and monitoring of performance; strength and financial effectiveness of the organisation.
Partnership – Working effectively with others (members, users, private and public sector partners, etc); willingness to share ‘best practice’ and to learn from others.
Achievement – Measurable results achieved; numbers of people benefited, impact on access to healthcare; difference made.
Community focus – Involving and responding to users and the community; openness and provision of information; adaptability to changing circumstances and needs.
Targeting need – Awareness of community issues and priorities; focus on people in need.
This is the third year of the GSK Ireland IMPACT Awards, an expansion of the GSK IMPACT Awards in the UK and USA that have been running for over 20 years, focusing solely on health and wellbeing charities in Ireland.
Application forms can be downloaded from the website and the closing date for applications is 5pm Friday 5th May 2017.
The UK Impact Awards will open in July.
Get free email updates
Keep up to date with fundraising news, ideas and inspiration with a weekly or daily email. [Privacy]