The NET launched its coronavirus appeal yesterday (18 March) to raise funds for local charities and grassroots organisations providing support to those affected by the crisis. It will work collaboratively with organisations to ensure the money raised is distributed securely, effectively, and fairly to those organisations and local charities who can do most to help those in need.
Charities will be able to apply for grant aid through their local community foundation, rather than directly to the NET, and grant aid and how to apply will be available from 23 March.
Priority will be given in the first instance to:
- Groups that support the ongoing needs of vulnerable people to ensure that their health and wellbeing is maintained
- Groups and activities that support vulnerable people self-isolating (the elderly, people with pre-existing medical conditions etc)
- Support for foodbanks and organisations working to combat hardship caused by the pandemic including child hunger
- Community response coordination
- Volunteer costs for new and existing organisations responding to the effect of the pandemic
- Additional costs of working remotely and adapting services delivered in the wider community
- Additional support as required for emotional support, mental health and bereavement support
The @NatEmergTrust has launched an appeal to raise funds to help local charities support individuals suffering hardship as a result of the coronavirus outbreak.
— Kensington Palace (@KensingtonRoyal) March 18, 2020
There is no current appeal target, and the appeal will last as long as it is considered necessary.
NET launched late last year to act as a domestic version of the Disasters Emergency Fund by collaborating with other charities and bodies to raise and distribute funds as well as deliver support to those affected by domestic emergencies.
The National Emergencies Trust has today launched an appeal to raise funds to help local charities support those individuals suffering hardship as a result of the coronavirus outbreak. For further information please visit: https://t.co/SbertVECHj pic.twitter.com/nWP1Y5iwna
— National Emergencies Trust – #NETCoronavirusAppeal (@NatEmergTrust) March 18, 2020
Our Trustees are delighted to support the @NatEmergTrust #NETCoronavirusAppeal with a £1million first-response donation. Working in partnership with @UKCF_tweets across the country, this will ensure the money gets to where it’s needed most (1/2)
— Garfield Weston Foundation (@WestonFdn) March 30, 2020
Get free email updates
Keep up to date with fundraising news, ideas and inspiration with a weekly or daily email. [Privacy]