Support and research charity Parkinson’s UK has improved the online donation experience on its website for new and existing supporters, in time for Parkinson’s Awareness Week which runs from 10 – 16 April.
The new donation journeys include a wider range of payment options across multiple devices.
The charity worked with digital product studio Addition, part of strategic creative agency WPN Chameleon, to undertake the development, which is part of its ongoing digital transformation strategy.
- Parkinson’s UK had already gathered insights into their online supporters so Addition began by reviewing these.
- In addition the agency conducting its own research into existing donation traffic, together with supporters and key stakeholders.
- This yielded a device responsive prototype, which was tested with Parkinson’s UK supporters.
- Taking on board user and stakeholder feedback, Addition iterated the solution until the team at Parkinson’s UK were happy to sign off; this was the first phase of the project completed.
- The next phase involved the Addition design team creating a look and feel consistent with the design work being undertaken on the main Parkinson’s UK site.
- Once design was agreed, the HTML and CSS implementation that followed was produced on a custom version of Addition’s donation platform. Payment processing is handled through Braintree, integration with Raiser’s Edge and Adestra MessageFocus.
- The new donation pathways were launched a week ahead of Parkinson’s Awareness Week.
Julie Dodd, Director of Digital transformation and Communication, Parkinson’s UK, said:
“We’re expecting significant further growth in digital-led income as a result of the work we’ve done on the new donation funnel in collaboration with Addition”.
Louise Ryan, Head of Digital Product Development, Addition, added:
“As well as increasing donation revenue, a key requirement was to improve data automation into Raiser’s Edge. Data security and integrity is incredibly important and always a priority concern with the donation systems we create.”
Supporter pathways seminar
WPN Chameleon are sharing some of their expertise in donor journeys in a free seminar on 10 May in London at NCVO.
Get free email updates
Keep up to date with fundraising news, ideas and inspiration with a weekly or daily email. [Privacy]