Support and research charity Parkinson’s UK has improved the online donation experience on its website for new and existing supporters, in time for Parkinson’s Awareness Week which runs from 10 – 16 April.
The new donation journeys include a wider range of payment options across multiple devices.
- Parkinson’s UK had already gathered insights into their online supporters so Addition began by reviewing these.
- In addition the agency conducting its own research into existing donation traffic, together with supporters and key stakeholders.
- This yielded a device responsive prototype, which was tested with Parkinson’s UK supporters.
- Taking on board user and stakeholder feedback, Addition iterated the solution until the team at Parkinson’s UK were happy to sign off; this was the first phase of the project completed.
- The next phase involved the Addition design team creating a look and feel consistent with the design work being undertaken on the main Parkinson’s UK site.
- Once design was agreed, the HTML and CSS implementation that followed was produced on a custom version of Addition’s donation platform. Payment processing is handled through Braintree, integration with Raiser’s Edge and Adestra MessageFocus.
- The new donation pathways were launched a week ahead of Parkinson’s Awareness Week.
Julie Dodd, Director of Digital transformation and Communication, Parkinson’s UK, said:
“We’re expecting significant further growth in digital-led income as a result of the work we’ve done on the new donation funnel in collaboration with Addition”.
Louise Ryan, Head of Digital Product Development, Addition, added:
“As well as increasing donation revenue, a key requirement was to improve data automation into Raiser’s Edge. Data security and integrity is incredibly important and always a priority concern with the donation systems we create.”
Supporter pathways seminar
WPN Chameleon are sharing some of their expertise in donor journeys in a free seminar on 10 May in London at NCVO.
Get free email updates
Keep up to date with fundraising news, ideas and inspiration with a weekly or daily email. [Privacy]