Charity campaigners can apply for a scholarship to Campaign Bootcamp that has been established in memory of Jo Cox MP.
The scholarship has been co-designed and funded by staff at Save the Children. They hope it will both honour Jo Cox and continue the work she started.
It is available to women (trans, intersex or cisgender) in the UK involved in campaigning on any of:
- Conflict and humanitarian issues
- Global poverty
- Poverty in the UK
Applications to the Jo Cox MP Scholarship are open until 9am on 7 March 2017.
About Campaign Bootcamp
It is meant to be “a fun, immersive, interactive experience where you get to try everything you’re learning”.
It costs £3500 to attend the non-profit-making Bootcamp, which covers all the costs. Its organisers say that all the money received goes back into “making Bootcamp possible and as good as it can”.
The Campaign Bootcamp organisers have other scholarships available, including:
- The Greenpeace Environmental Trust scholarship environmental activists
- The UNICEF scholarship, for campaigners aged 18-21
- The Shami Chakgrabarti Scholarship for campaigners of colour / BME (Black and Minority Ethnic) campaigners.
- The general scholarship, this is a broad scholarship that can go to campaigners of colour / BME campaigners, disabled campaigners, feminist campaigners, campaigners from socially deprived areas, refugees, working class campaigners, LGBTQ campaigners or campaigners working on mental health issues.
- The anti-racism & xenophobia scholarship, an emergency scholarship for people who want to fight back against racism and/or xenophobia, made possible by the team at The Paul Hamlyn Foundation.
- The Save the Children Jo Cox Memorial Scholarship, for women (trans, intersex or cisgender) in the UK campaigning on any of the following – conflict/humanitarian issues, global poverty or UK poverty
Applications to the next Campaign Bootcamp, the last of 2017, will open in June 2017.
Get free email updates
Keep up to date with fundraising news, ideas and inspiration with a weekly or daily email. [Privacy]