Fundraising news, ideas and inspiration for professional charity fundraisers

Everydayhero offers £1,000 in Giving Tuesday competition

Everydayhero offers £1,000 in Giving Tuesday competition

Blackbaud company everydayhero™, the digital fundraising platform, is to offer £1,000 to the winners of a competition to mark Giving Tuesday, the global day of charitable giving.

UK residents ages 13+ can enter the competition by telling @everydayheroUK how they are supporting their charity of choice using the phrase, “I’m #GivingTuesday to,” via Twitter or Facebook. Entrants must tag the charity’s Twitter or Facebook name for the entry to be eligible.

There are three prizes of £500, £300 and £200 on offer, which will be donated to the respective winners’ chosen charity.

Charities can invite their supporters to enter on their behalf. Everydayhero has produced resources such as a mobile-responsive HTML email template and social media images for free download to assist.

everydayhero Giving Tuesday competition

The details and terms and conditions of the competition are on everydayhero’s Giving Tuesday section.

The competition runs from 24 November to 1 December. The three winners will be announced live, via Periscope, at 4:00 pm on 1 December.

 

 

everydayhero Giving Tuesday competition

 

John Bird, General Manager of everydayhero UK & IE, explained why the company was running the competition. He said:

“Charities Aid Foundation reported that 35% of Britons said they are likely to donate to charity on #GivingTuesday. This #GivingTuesdayTo campaign is our way of providing a quick and easy way to help get the other 65% involved, and helps build social awareness for the charities”.

 

everydayhero Giving Tuesday competition

 

everydayhero Giving Tuesday competition

Howard Lake is a digital fundraising entrepreneur. Publisher of UK Fundraising, the world's first web resource for professional fundraisers, since 1994. Trainer and consultant in digital fundraising. Founder of Fundraising Camp and co-founder of GoodJobs.org.uk. Research massive growth in giving.

Get free email updates

Keep up to date with fundraising news, ideas and inspiration with a weekly or daily email. [Privacy]

* We do not share your email or personal details.
" />