Runners in the Virgin Money London Marathon last month have raised £21 million, with the total amount expected to reach £23 million.
The total amount raised on the site for the 2014 London Marathon was £19.7 million.
JustGiving and 2015 London Marathon in numbers
• 500,000+ people donated on JustGiving
• donations received from 117 countries
• 15,000+ JustGiving pages created
• Pages received an average of 45 donations each, an increase of three donations per page on the 2014 figure.
• The most raised by one individual’s JustGiving page was £316,107.05, raised for the Elton John Aids Foundation by Jeremy Joseph
Charles Wells, chief marketing officer for JustGiving, said:
“JustGiving are proud to be the number one fundraising platform for the London Marathon. Runners and their fantastic supporters have already raised over £21 million on JustGiving at the 2015 London Marathon, cementing its position as the world’s most important fundraising event.”
Of course, London Marathon runners used other online fundraising platforms, including Virgin Money Giving, which was the official fundraising platform for the event.
Get free email updates
Keep up to date with fundraising news, ideas and inspiration with a weekly or daily email. [Privacy]