Credit card company Capital One is offering up to £75,000 to renovate a local football club’s pitch plus 10 prizes of up to £5,000 to other local clubs.
The Grounds for Improvement competition is open to UK residents who can nominate a ground that needs improving. They need to explain in up to 100 words why the ground should be considered, and upload at least one photograph that illustrates why improvements are needed. Nominations are made via Facebook.
You do not have to be a member of a team to make a nomination.
Improvements that qualify include:
- Grass pitches drainage/improvements
- Pavilions, clubhouses and changing facilities
- Spectator area
- External areas of the facility, including parking facilities, pedestrian access, access for all, lighting, boundary treatment, security, external fixtures and fittings (signage, litter bins, lamps)
- Fixed floodlights
- Artificial turf pitches and multi-use games areas
- Facilities – goalposts, pitch lines, corner flags, balls, etc.
Nominations will be judged by a panel of judges.
The closing date for nominations is midnight on Friday 24 January 2014.
Capital One is the official credit card of the Football League.
Get free email updates
Keep up to date with fundraising news, ideas and inspiration with a weekly or daily email. [Privacy]