Santander has launched the second year of its Social Development Awards in Northern Ireland which will provide grants worth £280,000 in 2013.
This year there are some differences in how the awards will be allocated: to be eligible, organisations must have a turnover of under £1 million, and must have have at least 50% of turnover from commercial sources.
The awards are divided into three levels:
- 1 award of £50,000 for Social Enterprises with a turnover of £250,000 to £1,000,000
- 8 awards of £20,000 to Social Enterprises with a turnover of £100,000 to £250,000
- 7 awards of £10,000 to Social Enterprises with a turnover of less than £100,000
The awards are part of a national community investment programme designed to help support growing social enterprises working for the direct benefit of their community. Last year's main award was made to learning disability charity the Orchardville Society which used the grant to expand its bottle sorting contract with Coca-Cola.
The award has been created to help grow existing groups that meet one of the following social outcomes:
- Improving community / social inclusion
- Supporting disadvantaged people through skills, training and employment
- Creating a greener environment
The deadline for applications is 1 July 2013.
Get free email updates
Keep up to date with fundraising news, ideas and inspiration with a weekly or daily email. [Privacy]