The Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Trust has chosen six themes that it will support, reflecting six decades of the Queen’s reign.
The Trust was established in February to celebrate Her Majesty The Queen’s 60 year contribution to the Commonwealth. It is designed to gives governments and citizens across the Commonwealth the opportunity to create a lasting tribute to Her Majesty The Queen.
The six areas that will receive support are:
• Young Diamonds: to use sport to enable young people to improve their lives and the lives of their communities with a strong focus on the values of leadership, responsibility and teamwork.
• Urban Food: to help communities establish food gardens in confined urban spaces to enable them to feed themselves, earn income and improve nutrition.
• Disability to Capability: to give people with disabilities the skills and support to take control of their own lives; and help them to be active members of their communities
• Heritage and Culture: to help people connect with and safeguard their irreplaceable cultural heritage both contemporary and historical.
• Exceptional Leaders: to recognise the duty and dedication of 60 exceptional community leaders and provide support to develop projects to improve the well-being of their communities
• Care with Dignity: to dignify older people with care that enables them to lead active lives to the full extent of their abilities; and provide compassionate care to the chronically ill.
Sir John Major, Chairman of the board of Trustees, said: “The six themes chosen will enable the Trust to identify projects that are, and have been, of particular significance to the Her Majesty throughout her reign.”
The Trust will not be implementing projects itself, and has already confirmed several partner organisations through which it will support these initiatives, including the
It is open to donations from individuals, groups and organisations, for the duration of the Jubilee year.
Get free email updates
Keep up to date with fundraising news, ideas and inspiration with a weekly or daily email. [Privacy]