Coutts & Co has donated a unique Christmas tree for Save the Children’s Festival of Trees – an exhibition of designer Christmas trees that have been donated and adorned with gifts from a number of leading designers and companies including Harrods, Jimmy Choo, Thomas Pink and Foster and Partners. The trees will be auctioned next month with all proceeds going to Save the Children.
Coutts has been hosting the Festival of Trees for over 10 years, and this year is delighted to include its own Christmas tree in the line up of nine trees. The trees will be displayed at Coutts head office at 440 Strand from 22nd November until 1st December, and auctioned at the Natural History Museum on 5th December in presence of the President of Save the Children, Her Royal Highness, The Princess Royal. The full range of designer trees can be viewed at
www.coutts.com/festivalof trees *.
Designed by Susannah Handley and her team at Mantero, one of the world’s leading specialists in fabrics and accessories, the Coutts Christmas tree incorporates the bank’s rich heritage in a beautiful silk design edged with intricate optic lights. The Coutts tree has an amazing array of gifts ranging from designer items to unique experiences – all of which have been kindly donated. In keeping with the bank’s philanthropic history, Coutts will add a £5,000 cash donation to the final bid for Save the Children.
Sarah Deaves, CEO of Coutts & Co, commented “We have been displaying the trees at the Strand for over 10 years and are delighted to contribute to Save the Children with our own Christmas tree this year. We have tremendous respect and admiration for the work the charity does in helping children around the world and are very pleased to add our support. I would like to thank all our friends who have generously donated gifts for the Coutts tree – let’s hope we can raise as much money as possible!”
Some of the exclusive gifts include: an Eckland silk evening dress donated by Temperley London; white gold single bail pendant set with chrysoprase, quartz and diamonds by Stephen Webster; 3 nights stay for 2 people at Tswalu lodge in South Africa; a day cruise for 6 people on the Sunseeker exploring the Dorset coast; hair makeover at Jo Hansford in Mayfair; luxury beauty products by Jo Wood Organics; 2 exclusive seats for press night of ‘There Came a Gypsy Riding’ at the Almeida Theatre with dinner and invitation to the after party; football shirts signed by 1st teams of Everton and Liverpool Football Clubs and designer handbags from Anya Hindmarsh, Jasper Conran and Stella McCartney.
– END –
For further information please contact:
Jayshree Dave, Coutts & Co, 0207 957 2650 or e-mail [email protected]
Nick Gill, Coutts & Co, 0207 7957 2427, 07970 001156 or email [email protected]
Notes to Editors:
* Coutts is hosting a dedicated website in conjunction with Digits Industries Limited available from late Wednesday 22 November 2006. The site provides a visual experience showcasing the full range of designer trees (flash player 7 or later required).
· Coutts is the international private banking arm of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group. The Royal Bank of Scotland Group is one of the world’s largest banking groups.
· Coutts manages the wealth of 96,000 high net worth clients worldwide through a network of over 40 offices globally.
· The first Coutts regional office to be opened was Eton in 1961. Today, Coutts has regional offices in Bath, Birmingham, Bournemouth, Bristol, Cambridge, Cardiff, Eton, Guildford, Hampshire, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Milton Keynes, Newcastle, Nottingham, Oxford and Tunbridge Wells
· Coutts offers clients a range of products and services covering sophisticated investment products together with expertise in trust and fiduciary services and UK tax and banking services.
· Coutts, for three years running (2003-2005) was awarded ‘Best Use of Long-Only Multi-Manager Structures’ at the Private Asset Management Awards.
· This year Coutts and Co was named as the UK’s Best Private Bank by Euromoney magazine.
· Coutts & Co is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Coutts & Co Registered in England No 36695 Registered Office 440 Strand London WC2R 0QS
· Calls may be recorded
Direct +44 (0)20 7294 3693
Email [email protected]
24a St John Street, London, EC1M 4AY