The Times is inviting charities to apply to benefit from its 2012 Christmas appeal. The newspaper will choose three charities. Last year it supported War Child, The Alzheimer’s Society and Greenhouse.
Applications are welcomed from any charity, not just the larger, more well known organisations. That said, The Times notes that readers “have shown a distinct preference for practical and innovative charities that find simple solutions for tough humanitarian challenges”.
How to apply
• include brief background details about the charity, together with detailed information about particular projects that illustrate your work
• include details of the outcomes of projects and programmes.
• do not include bulky material such as DVDs.
• applications should be “brief and eloquent”
• demonstrate that the charity can benefit from the publicity that is generated during the appeal period by including eight or so story ideas that illustrate the charity’s work, and provide a variety of human interest stories and illustrated reports from projects. The Times runs a story featuring the work of the chosen charities every day during December and early January.
• The deadline for receipt of written applications is 17 September 2012. They should be addressed to Anoushka Healy, Managing Editor, The Times, 3 Thomas More Square, London E98 1TT.
The winning three charities will be informed in mid-October.
Get free email updates
Keep up to date with fundraising news, ideas and inspiration with a weekly or daily email. [Privacy]