SmallFRI, the email funding news service for smaller and new organisations from Profunding, has shared with UK Fundraising its news of a major new funding programme from the Big Lottery Fund.
The Big, BIG funding programme from the Big Lottery Fund is now open. Living Landmarks will allow local communities access to fairly substantial funding for both regional and national programmes.
The scheme will be split into two:
- First, a small number of grants of between £10million and £25 million will be awarded to projects of regional significance. The successful projects will be chosen by the programme committee, which will include experts from the areas of architecture, regeneration and the environment.
- Secondly, a single grant of between £25 million and £50 million will be made to a project of national or regional significance in conjunction with the People’s Millions programme and ITV, where the winning project will be decided by a public vote.
The pre-blurb from the Big Lottery Fund says: “Living Landmarks will allow communities, individuals, residents and businesses, to identify their priorities for change and apply for funding for projects that will have a real impact and meet locally identified need. From woodlands to waterways, bridges to cycle ways, buildings, amenities, open public spaces, across the UK, projects that enhance the natural and built environments are set to benefit”.
Groups eligible to apply for funding include:
· Statutory authorities;
· Charitable or not for profit companies
· Public or private limited companies;
· Individuals (although they must demonstrate a commitment to form an appropriately constituted and regulated organisation).
The closing date for applications is 6 January 2006, and shortlisted projects will be notified by May 2006 and awarded development funding to allow them to progress with their project proposals. The programme committee will make decisions about which successful projects receive grants of between £10 million and £25 million in July 2007. The public voting through the People’s Millions initiative on projects costing between £25 million and £50 million will take place courtesy of ITV at a date to be announced.
For further details of eligibility guidelines, or to receive an application pack, contact the Big Lottery Fund on 0845 010 112.
You could try www.biglotteryfund.org.uk, but there is nothing on there at the moment.
Get free email updates
Keep up to date with fundraising news, ideas and inspiration with a weekly or daily email. [Privacy]