Salesforce has given a total of $532 million since its founding – just over half a billion dollars (around £415.5 million). In a first for the company, it has also surpassed $100 million in annual giving in the 2022 fiscal year.
- Over 50% of its all-time giving was made in the last three years
- $146 million has been given to education globally
- $100 million has been committed to nonprofits working on ecosystem restoration and climate justice.
- $121 million has been made in all-time employee donation matching
- Salesforce is 43% of the way towards its $200 million commitment to racial equality and justice
Back in 2019 for example, it pledged to donate $17mn in grants and one million employee volunteer hours in a year as part of its commitment to the SDGs.
Salesforce uses a 1-1-1 model, which sees it give 1% of equity, product, and employee time back to its communities.
Rebecca Ferguson, SVP of Philanthropy, Salesforce commented:
“This is an incredible milestone for our team, and a testament to how our 1-1-1 model has evolved and increased in impact as our company has grown. As we look ahead, we will continue to iterate on how we give and work with our partners on the ground who are finding solutions to key issues in our communities.”
In addition to monetary giving, more than 54,000 nonprofits and education organisations have received free or discounted product from Salesforce.org, and its employees have given over 6.7 million volunteer hours to their communities.
Its philanthropic reach is also growing through its acquisitions:
- Since its founding in 2014, Tableau Foundation has contributed nearly $100 million in software services and financial support to nearly 11,000 organisations working in more than 125 countries.
- In 2021, Slack donated $54 million to the Salesforce Foundation to support community investments.
- MuleSoft employees have donated $988,000 in all-time giving.