The consultation focuses on the style, presentation, clarity and accessibility of the Code with respondents asked to feedback on a new draft of the Code by Friday 16 November. The new draft includes:
- A new table of contents and a simpler ordering of the Code’s content
- A “plain English” review of the language used in the Code
- A new Code introduction
- A glossary of key terms used within the Code
- A table of those rules proposed for deletion or amendment
- The face-to-face fundraising rulebooks being incorporated into the “collections” section of the Code
A summary of responses will be published on the consultation web pages together with the Fundraising Regulator’s final decisions regarding changes to the Code. During this period, the Fundraising Regulator will be participating in over 20 events across the UK where they will encourage the sector to give their feedback.
Suzanne McCarthy, Chair of the Fundraising Regulator’s Standards Committee, said:
“The Code of Fundraising Practice underpins the behaviours that we expect from fundraisers and organisations across the charitable fundraising sector.
“It is vital that all fundraisers can use and understand the Code confidently and with ease to ensure their organisation’s compliance. We are confident that this consultation will result in an improved experience for both fundraisers and the general public alike.”
Get free email updates
Keep up to date with fundraising news, ideas and inspiration with a weekly or daily email. [Privacy]