Minister for Arts, Michael Ellis, confirmed the support at the Institute of Fundraising’s Culture Sector Conference at the beginning of this week.
The programme aims to:
- Raise the profile of fundraising for arts, culture and heritage
- Enhance the expertise of cultural sector fundraisers and share that knowledge
- Enable cultural sector fundraisers to engage with other charitable sectors to develop best practice, promote ethical fundraising and share ideas and success
Expanded programme activities
The funded programme will include:
- Running specific events tailored to arts and cultural sector fundraisers (and early career arts and cultural sector fundraisers) in each of the Institute of Fundraising regions
- Providing mentoring opportunities for early career fundraisers
- Offering full and discounted bursaries to the IoF Convention and CSN National Conference for arts and cultural sector fundraisers
- Offering bursaries to enable arts & cultural sector fundraisers to undertake an IoF qualification or Introduction to Fundraising
- Including one session on arts & cultural fundraising at Regional and Special Interest Group conferences
- Contributing content (articles, interviews, webinars and thought pieces) and sharing examples of excellent fundraising in the arts and cultural sector
The programme will be able to recruit a fully-funded Project Officer, and it will be coordinated with input from representatives of the Culture Sector Network, Black Fundraisers UK, Sole Fundraisers and IoF Regional Groups.
Founder and Chair of the Institute of Fundraising’s Cultural Sector Network, Martin Kaufman, said: “This new funding from the Arts Council will make a huge difference to cultural organisations across England, many of which are struggling to find the funds they need.
“By greatly expanding the IoF’s Cultural Sector Network’s support to build fundraising skills and capacity, it will mean we will be able to support a highly diverse range of cultural organisations to raise the funds they need to continue and to grow their wonderful work across the country.”
Get free email updates
Keep up to date with fundraising news, ideas and inspiration with a weekly or daily email. [Privacy]