Volonteurope, together with European Civic Forum, is inviting nominations for the European Citizenship Awards for 2017.
The two European networks promote active citizenship and recognition of the importance of social justice to the cohesion of communities across Europe.
Their annual Awards celebrate the democratic and civic engagement of individuals, organisations, citizens’ groups, media platforms and social enterprises that:
- give substance to European values
- create ownership of public space
- and improve the lives of our communities in terms of democracy, social justice and universal access to rights.
There are four awards categories:
- Media Campaign of the Year
- Social Enterprise of the Year
- Volunteer of the Year
- Active Citizens’ Initiative of the Year
Nominees can be based in any of the Member States of the Council of Europe.
Nominations for the European Citizenship Awards are open until 31 March 2017.
The winners will be given opportunities to publicise their activities and achievements, including presenting at the Civil Society Days organised by the European Economic and Social Committee in Brussels in June, at the European Civic Academy in Paris in September and at the World Forum for Democracy in Strasbourg in November.
Get free email updates
Keep up to date with fundraising news, ideas and inspiration with a weekly or daily email. [Privacy]