The People and Communities programme will support voluntary, community and social enterprise groups to work with local people to make the changes they want in their communities.
The Big Lottery Fund in Northern Ireland say that, in advance of organisations making applications, they have teams visiting around 20 projects in every area of Northern Ireland to see the work they’re already doing with local people.
Grants of between £30,000 and £500,000 will be available for two to five year projects that work with local people, build on a community’s strengths, and are well connected to other services and activities in the community. The programme will remain open for applications for five years.
People and Communities will support projects that meet the following two programme outcomes:
- people make changes that improve their lives and
- communities build on their strengths and share learning.
Projects will also have to embrace the three key themes of the programme:
- People-led: this means people will be meaningfully involved in the development, design and delivery of your project.
- Strengths-based: people and communities will build on the knowledge, skills and experience they already have to make the changes they want.
- Connected: projects will complement other activities in the area.
Get free email updates
Keep up to date with fundraising news, ideas and inspiration with a weekly or daily email. [Privacy]