The Irish Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (ISPCC) and the Vodafone Ireland Foundation have announced a major five year partnership worth €2 million to the charity as well as in-kind support for its Childline call line.
Under the banner ‘keep children safe by keeping them connected’ the partnership will:
- provide the charity with €2 million in direct funding from the Vodafone Foundation over 5 years
- provide a commitment to covering the call costs for the Childline service for 10 years until 2026
- update Childline’s technologies and service infrastructure to modernise and broaden out access to the service in line with the changing needs of children
- offer additional resources including Vodafone’s Be Strong Online Programme, to support children and parents through some of the issues they face in today’s digital society
- leverage and engage Vodafone’s 2,000 employees raise further funds for Childline
In 2014 ISPCC’s support service for children and young people responded to almost 500,000 calls and online contacts. Over the last 10 years, Childline says it has experienced a 75% increase in children seeking support online.
Through this new partnership the charity will now be in a position to develop a new total communications infrastructure which will improve children’s access to Childline and provide a 24hr online digital platform.
The partnership comes with the support of Vodafone’s 2,000 Irish employees who have pledged to raise additional funds for Childline through a range of fundraising activities over the course of the partnership.
Get free email updates
Keep up to date with fundraising news, ideas and inspiration with a weekly or daily email. [Privacy]