The Operational Research Society is offering UK charities and voluntary sector organisations free consultancy to help them reduce costs and improve their use of limited resources.
‘Operational Research’ involves finding ways to apply analytical methods to make better decisions. These can help organisations by:
- efficiently scheduling staff, equipment and events;
- applying analytics skills to complex data problems;
- providing a better basis for more accurate forecasting and planning;
- finding new opportunities to reduce cost; and
- gaining greater utilisation from limited equipment, facilities, money and personnel.
The OR Society’s O.R. Pro Bono Project Manager, Felicity McLeister, explained:
“The issues that third sector organisations face are often emotionally charged so it’s hard to be objective. They are also under pressure to do more with less and in such uncertain times it’s hard to decide which options to choose. Third sector organisations are doing great work and we can help them prove it.”
Charities that have already benefited from the OR Society’s Pro Bono service include the RSPCA, the Disability Law Service, Springboard, Crimestoppers, and Elfrida Rathbone Camden.
3,312 total views, 1 views today