Ultra high net worth (UHNW) prospecting and intelligence specialists Wealth-X has published the second annual edition of its World Ultra Wealth-Report.
The report considers only individuals with a net worth of US $30 million or more.
• There are now 187,380 people in the ultra wealthy bracket, an increase of 0.6% over the previous year. Their combined wealth, however, shrank by 1.8% to US$25.8 trillion.
• Their total wealth still surpasses the combined GDP of the USA and China by US$3.5 trillion.
• There are now 2,160 billionaires in the world, an increase of 9.4%. Their combined wealth has grown by 14% to US$6.2 trillion.
• There are 53,440 ultra wealthy people, a drop of 1.9%.
• They have a combined wealth of $6.95 trillion, a drop of 2.7%
• In the UK, there are 10,515 ultra high net worth individuals.
• They have a combined wealth of $1.325 trillion, a rise of 3.7%.
• There are 140 individuals with a wealth of at least $1 billion, and 5,490 with a wealth of between $30 million to $49 million.
The report also includes other more detailed information, including a state-by-state analysis in the USA, with California at the top of the league, and New York leading as the city with the highest number of ultra wealthy people.
2,155 total views, 3 views today