Highlights amongst their findings include:
• Scottish runners are the most successful fundraisers
• those who started fundraising and training early (November, December and January) raised more than those who started later
• those who started fundraising via their JustGiving page on 12 December raised the highest average amount compared to other days
• on average, men raise around £85 more than women runners
• the most successful fundraisers are runners aged 61 to 65: they raise an average of £146 more than others.
Although JustTextGiving wasn’t introduced until after the 2011 London Marathon, the infographic notes that runners for the 2012 Marathon who are using the service have already raised on average £21 using SMS text giving.
Get free email updates
Keep up to date with fundraising news, ideas and inspiration with a weekly or daily email. [Privacy]