The Tribunal has jurisdiction to hear appeals and applications for review from certain decisions of the new Charity Commission for Northern Ireland and to consider matters referred to it by the Attorney General.
The 2008 act which established Northern Ireland’s first Charity Commission also provided for the creation of a Charity Tribunal to allow for charities, or a body seeking charitable status, to question and appeal decisions, orders or directions of the Commission.
The Tribunal has three fee paid legal members and four fee paid lay members. The members are:
* Damien McMahon, Derry City’s solicitor and president of the Tribunal.
* Adrian Colmer, a barrister
* Maura McCallion, a solicitor with the Law Centre
* Paul Artherton, a fundraising consultant
* Dr Theresa Donaldson, director of policy, NI Legal Services Commission
* Delia van der Lenden, a self employed management consultant
* Professor Arthur Williamson, a director and trustee of various private and voluntary sector organisations
Get free email updates
Keep up to date with fundraising news, ideas and inspiration with a weekly or daily email. [Privacy]