The Institute of Fundraising’s (‘Institute’) tax-effective giving website, www.tax-effectivegiving.org.uk, has been updated to comply with the changes to basic rate tax and Gift Aid administration as announced in the 2008 Budget.
The website, a comprehensive online tax-effective giving resource centre, has also been fully updated to include information from the response to the Government’s Gift Aid consultation. Additional resources include:
– Downloadable version of the updated tax-effective guide, Making Giving Go Further;
– Updated Gift Aid calculator, reflecting how transitional relief will work;
– New Did You Know? guide on transitional relief and the new simplifications to the administration of Gift Aid.
Lee Grant, Tax-Effective Giving Project Manager at the Institute of Fundraising, says:
“The practical resources the Institute has provided to charities to promote tax-effective giving to their donors and potential supporters now fully reflects the recent changes to Gift Aid. We have concentrated on providing resources with the most practical benefit to fundraisers, such as the Gift Aid calculator.”
These new interactive resources are part of the Institute’s wider tax-effective giving programme offering support services to small charities across England, funded by the Office of the Third Sector. The Office of the Third Sector has committed a further three years of funding to the programme, ensuring the continuation of promotion of the Institute’s service, which includes:
– TAX-EFFECTIVE GIVING HELPLINE – Call or email the tax-effective giving team (Call: 0845 458 4586 or email: email@example.com) with your queries and to find out what support is available.
– TRAINING COURSES – Sign up for a place on our tax-effective giving training sessions, call the booking line on 0845 337 3801
– FREE GUIDANCE MATERIALS – Order your free guide to tax-effective giving ‘Making Giving Go Further’ (available as a guide book or CD).
– WEBSITE – For more information about the tax reliefs available to charities and how they work, visit www.tax-effectivegiving.org.uk.
For further information, please contact:
Diana Mackie Tel. 020 7840 1027/ 07793 802 852
Institute of Fundraising Press Office email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTES TO EDITORS
1. Institute of Fundraising
The Institute of Fundraising’s (www.institute-of-fundraising.org.uk) mission is to support fundraisers, through leadership, representation, standards setting and education, to deliver excellent fundraising. Members are supported through training, networking, the dissemination of best practice and representation on issues that affect the fundraising environment. The Institute of Fundraising is the largest individual representative body in the voluntary sector with 4500 Individual members and 280 Organisational members