There are only two weeks left in which nominations can be made for the Institute of Fundraising (‘Institute’) National Awards 2008 – the only awards created by fundraisers for fundraisers. The final deadline for nominations is 5.00pm on Monday 3rd March 2008.
The National Awards are a key component of the Institute’s ongoing commitment to champion best practice in fundraising and celebrate fundraisers’ hard work and successes. Winners are drawn from across the voluntary sector, representing a wide variety of campaigns and causes. The awards ceremony and celebratory dinner will take place on the first night of the Institute’s Annual National Convention (Monday 7th July 2008) at the Hilton London Metropole.
Fundraisers, support agencies and supplier partners are all invited to make nominations in the following categories:
· Best Business-Charity Partnership
· Best Donor Development Campaign
· Best Local/Regional Campaign
· Most Innovative Fundraising Campaign
· Best Use of Legacy Fundraising
· Best Use of Payroll Giving
· Best Use of Direct Mail
· Best Use of Telephone
· Best Use of E-Media
· Best Use of Face-To-Face
Individuals and Teams
· Volunteer Fundraiser of the Year
· Fundraising Team of the Year
· Best Fundraising Charity to Work For
· Best Up and Coming Fundraiser
· Fundraiser of the Year
· Lifetime Contribution Award
Entries will be judged by leading sector experts and all short listed entries will be notified by early April 2008.
Lindsay Boswell, Chief Executive of the Institute of Fundraising, says:
“The addition of new categories in this year’s National Awards means there are now even more opportunities for the sector to recognise deserving campaigns, and hard working colleagues. Last year, the National Awards ceremony was a fun and memorable evening which put a spotlight on the best of fundraising in the UK. Make sure that you are part of the event this time around.”
For full details of the National Awards categories, sponsors, judges and the nomination process visit
EVENT DETAILS – NATIONAL AWARDS
Title: National Awards 2008
Date: Monday 7th July 2008
Venue: Hilton London Metropole, 225 Edgware Road, London W2 1JU
Cost: Nominations are free
To submit a nomination: Email: email@example.com, or call the Nominations Hotline on 020 7840 1033 or visit www.nationalawards.org.uk
To book a table: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 020 7840 1015
For media queries:
Diana Mackie Tel: 020 7840 1027/ 07793 802 852
Institute of Fundraising email: email@example.com
NOTES TO EDITORS
1. Institute of Fundraising (www.institute-of-fundraising.org.uk) represents fundraisers and fundraising throughout the United Kingdom. It is a membership organisation committed to the highest standards in fundraising management and practice. Members are supported through training, networking, the dissemination of best practice and representation on issues that affect the fundraising environment. The Institute of Fundraising is the largest individual representative body in the voluntary sector with 4500 Individual members and 280 Organisational members.
2. The National Convention (www.nationalconvention.org.uk) is the Institute’s annual convention for fundraising. National Convention 2008 will be held at the Hilton London Metropole, 225 Edgware Road, London W2 1JU, consisting of three full, non-residential days from 7-9th July. Over 2,500 people attended in 2007, making it the largest gathering of fundraisers outside of the USA.
Get free email updates
Keep up to date with fundraising news, ideas and inspiration with a weekly or daily email. [Privacy]