The Institute of Fundraising (‘Institute’) is pleased to announce the launch of our National Awards – the only awards designed by fundraisers for fundraisers. Sponsored by Dataforce Charities with ThirdSectorJobs.co.uk as the media partner, the National Awards will be presented at a gala dinner at the Hilton London Metropole on 9 July next year (the first night of the Institute’s National Convention 2007). Nominations are invited for all the National Award categories.
Celebrating the outstanding achievements of both professional and volunteer fundraisers, the winners of the National Awards will be drawn from across the voluntary sector, representing a wide variety of campaigns and causes.
Covering campaigns, individuals and teams, the National Awards categories are:
· Best E-Media Campaign
· Best Direct Mail Fundraising Campaign
· Best Telephone Campaign
· Best Face-To-Face Campaign
· Best Local/Regional Campaign
· Best Business-Charity Partnership
· Best Donor Acquisition Campaign
· Best Donor Development Campaign
· Most Innovative Fundraising Campaign
Individuals and Teams
· Volunteer Fundraiser of the Year
· Fundraising Team of the Year
· Best Fundraising Charity to Work For
· Best Up and Coming Fundraiser
· Fundraiser of the Year
· Lifetime Contribution Award
Nominations can be made by visiting:
and there is no charge to make a nomination. All nomination forms must be received by 5.00pm on Friday 2 March 2007. Entries will be judged by leading sector experts and the winners and all shortlisted entries will be notified by early April.
Lindsay Boswell, Chief Executive of the Institute of Fundraising, says:
“This new National Awards programme is a key part of the Institute’s commitment to champion best practice in fundraising, as well as an opportunity to celebrate fundraisers’ hard work and successes.
“The Institute’s National Awards provides the chance for peer-to-peer recognition, because fundraisers themselves will decide which campaigns and performances should be recognised and rewarded.”
For full details of the National Awards categories, sponsors, judges and the nomination process visit
EVENT DETAILS – NATIONAL AWARDS
Title: National Awards 2007
Date: Monday 9 July 2007
Venue: Hilton London Metropole, 225 Edgware Road, London W2 1JU
Cost: Nominations are free
To submit a nomination: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the Nominations Hotline on 020 7840 1004
To book a table: Email: email@example.com, or call 020 7840 1015
For media queries:
Nandini Chatto Tel: 020 7840 1035
Institute of Fundraising email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTES TO EDITORS
1. Institute of Fundraising (www.institute-of-fundraising.org.uk) represents fundraisers and fundraising throughout the United Kingdom. It is a membership organisation committed to the highest standards in fundraising management and practice. Members are supported through training, networking, the dissemination of best practice and representation on issues that affect the fundraising environment. The Institute of Fundraising is the largest individual representative body in the voluntary sector with 4000 Individual members and 250 Organisational members.
2. The National Convention (www.nationalconvention.org.uk) is the Institute’s annual convention for fundraising. National Convention 2007 will be held at the Hilton London Metropole, 225 Edgware Road, London W2 1JU, consisting of three full, non-residential days from 9-11 July. Over 2,500 people attended in 2006, making it the largest gathering of fundraisers outside of the USA.
3. ThirdSectorJobs.co.uk is a specialist jobs sites for the voluntary sector launched by Third Sector. The site carries a range of full and part-time vacancies across all levels and experience and provides a choice of services for job seekers.
4. Dataforce provides data-driven multi-channel Customer Relationship Services to establish and grow productive customer relationships for their clients. Dataforce integrates database service, contact centre, direct mail, campaign handling, fulfilment and email marketing.
Get free email updates
Keep up to date with fundraising news, ideas and inspiration with a weekly or daily email. [Privacy]