The new welcome pack will be emailed to all new trustees who register their email address with the Commission. It is also available online and can be used by existing trustees to refresh their knowledge. It provides information on governance basics, financial filing requirements and how the Charity Commission can offer support. It also suggests practical steps that can be taken to carry out trustee duties effectively.
According to the Commission, around 100,000 new trustees are appointed each year. The guide aims to introduce them to the role so that they have a basic understanding of their duties and responsibilities.
- outlines the basics of trusteeship
- summarises what they can expect
- raises awareness of their duties and responsibilities
- explains what needs to be sent to us
- provides reference to more detailed guidance and information
Trustees can sign into the Commission’s change charity details service and add email addresses.
Get free email updates
Keep up to date with fundraising news, ideas and inspiration with a weekly or daily email. [Privacy]