Arts & Business Scotland is inviting arts organisations and businesses to nominate their partnerships for recognition at the Arts & Business Scotland Awards 2011.
There are seven categories in this year’s Awards open to nomination:
* Community Award
* Young People Award sponsored by Aberdeen Asset Management
* New or Returning Sponsor Award
* Sponsorship by a Small Business Award sponsored by Bank of Scotland
* Sustained Partnership Award sponsored by TAQA Bratani Limited
* Cultural Branding Award sponsored by Shell UK Limited
* Philanthropy Award
The Philanthropy Award is a new category this year, recognising individual philanthropy as increasingly important in arts fundraising.
There are a further three Awards that will be selected through other processes.
* Aberdeen City Arts Award sponsored by Aberdeen City Council
* Leadership Award sponsored by Chevron Upstream Europe
* Creative Scotland Award for the Support of Talent sponsored by Creative Scotland
The winners will be announced at a celebratory dinner at the Aberdeen Music Hall on 26 October 2011.
Sponsorship partnerships that took place between 1 April 2010 and 31 March 2011 are eligible to be entered for the awards. The deadline for nominations is 5pm on 6 May 2011.
Barclay Price, Director of Arts & Business Scotland, said: “With concern about potential future funding cuts it is all the more important to recognise the contribution by Scottish businesses and donors in supporting Scotland’s vibrant cultural life. The Arts & Business Scotland Awards achieve this by celebrating the most dynamic and mutually rewarding partnerships between the worlds of culture and commerce.”