Classic FM has won an award from Arts & Business for their partnership with Royal Liverpool Philharmonic which has increased the size of their live classical audiences by thousands.
The partnership began in 2001 and has “outstripped both partners’ expectations” according to Arts & Business, which presented it with the BP A&B Sustained Partnership Award. The flagship ‘Classic FM Orchestra in North West England’ brand is now well established in the region and innovative promotions continue to drive audience numbers.
Initiatives such as ‘test drive’ classical music campaigns have made free tickets available for first time attendees, significant numbers of which have returned as ticket buyers. As a result of the increased national profile from the partnership, the Liverpool Philharmonic has increased leverage with donors, sponsors and key funding partners.
Nine awards were announced at a ceremony this evening attended by the Minister for Culture and 400 leaders in business and the arts, hosted by the Museum of London.
Colin Tweedy, Chief Executive of Arts & Business, said: “Businesses who invest time and resources over a period of time to an arts partner reap the rewards tenfold. Bravo to Classic FM and Royal Liverpool Philharmonic for showing how a long-standing partnership can bring such powerful benefits to both.”
Mrs Des Violaris, Director UK Arts & Culture, BP said: “When cultural partnerships are nurtured, challenged and developed over time, their relationship gives both organisations an edge. Particularly in these challenging times, I applaud the commitment shown by Classic FM and Royal Liverpool Philharmonic.”
Michael Eakin, Chief Executive of the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic, said: “10 years on and our partnership with Classic FM is still evolving. It has given the Liverpool Philharmonic a consistent national profile and has encouraged a deepening of involvement in our music.”
The other winners were:
· Jaguar Land Rover A&B Community & Young People Award: Ekspan & Open Door Theatre
· Lloyd’s A&B Business Innovation Award: Travelex & National Theatre
· Prudential A&B People Development Award: Siemens Plc & Hallé Concerts Society
· Prudential A&B Board Member of the Year Award: John Middleton & The Broadway
· Telegraph Media Group A&B Cultural Branding Award: HSBC & The British Museum
· Classic FM A&B International Award: HSBC & The British Museum
· The Garrett Award: Vanessa Swann, Chief Executive, Cockpit Arts
· The Simon Hornby Award: Sky Arts
Get free email updates
Keep up to date with fundraising news, ideas and inspiration with a weekly or daily email. [Privacy]