The Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations is inviting community groups, charities, voluntary organisations and social enterprises to enter the Scottish Charity Awards.
The awards aim to demonstrate the vital contribution that the sector makes to society across Scotland.
The awards will be announced at a gala dinner in Edinburgh on 10 June 2010.
Martin Sime, the Chief Executive of the Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations said: “The last year has been really tough for many charities and voluntary organisations struggling to cope with the effects of the recession. That’s why it’s more important than ever for us to get together and celebrate success”.
There are 5 awards categories:
* Charity of the Year – For an organisation that has made significant achievements in the last year
* Campaign of the Year – For an advertising or media campaign that brought a single issue to public recognition
* Charity Champion – For an individual who has gone above and beyond to advance the role of the voluntary sector.
* Partnership Award – For work between a voluntary sector organisation and public or private sector partner that has helped support the sector or a local community
* Community Action Award – For a local or community group that has made significant achievements in the last year
The deadline for entering the awards is 9 April 2010.
Get free email updates
Keep up to date with fundraising news, ideas and inspiration with a weekly or daily email. [Privacy]