Nominations are open for the Law Society Junior Lawyers Division (JLD) 10th Annual Pro Bono Awards, which are designed celebrate the outstanding pro bono work undertaken by students, trainee and newly admitted solicitors and qualified solicitors with up to 5 years experience.
Nominations will be judged in the following categories:
• Solicitor – local projects (projects undertaken by a solicitor assisting individuals or groups based in the UK)
• Solicitor – international projects (projects undertaken by a solicitor assisting individuals or groups outside the UK)
• Solicitor – team (projects undertaken by a group of solicitors assisting individuals or groups whether based in the UK or abroad)
• Trainee (projects undertaken by an individual trainee or group of trainees, whether the project is based in the UK or abroad)
• Student (projects undertaken by an individual student or group of students, whether the project is based in the UK or abroad
The closing date for entries is 19 September. The awards will be presented at a ceremony which will take place on 13 November, during National Pro Bono Week at the Law Society in London.