The UK’s leading not-for-profit consultancy and training provider, The Management Centre (‘=mc’), will unveil the real truths behind successful major donor fundraising on 8th July 2008, at this year’s National Convention. Developed through extensive experience and research among the UK’s top major donor fundraising professionals, Angela Cluff – Deputy Director & Principal Fundraising Consultant at The Management Centre and former Deputy Director of Appeals at the NSPCC – will highlight the top 5 myths and identify what really works in securing major gifts.
Angela Cluff, Deputy Director & Principal Fundraising Consultant at The Management Centre, says: “The potential for major giving in the UK is immense. But few fundraising organisations are securing the high level gifts that they are capable of. To truly succeed major donor fundraisers need to challenge conventional thinking and apply new learning from the donor marketplace.”
Title: Dispelling the myths – the truth about what really works in major donor fundraising
Date: Tuesday 8th July, 9.30am
Venue: National Convention 2008, Hilton London Metropole, London W2 1JU
The Management Centre is presenting a further 6 sessions at National Convention 2008. Delegates that attend 3 or more sessions will be eligible for a £50 voucher towards future =mc training.
Get a taste of The Management Centre’s top tips and tools online at: www.managementcentre.co.uk/knowledgebase.
– ENDS –
News story submitted by Lucinda Frostick, Communications Consultant, on behalf of The Management Centre.
For further information, please contact Moi Tu on 020 7978 1516 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTES TO EDITORS
1. The Management Centre
The Management Centre (=mc) is the UK’s leading training and consultancy provider working exclusively with not-for-profit organisations. Its customers include Amnesty International, Cancer Research UK, RNLI, Fairtrade Foundation, Concern Worldwide, and Bury Metropolitan Borough Council.
2. Angela Cluff
Angela is Deputy Director & Principal Fundraising Consultant of =mc. She is an internationally regarded expert with 10 years experience in major gift fundraising and strategy, having worked on studies and campaigns for UNICEF, Save the Children Allliance, NSPCC, The Scout Association and many others.
3. National Convention
National Convention is the largest event for fundraisers outside the US, an annual three-day conference run by the Institute of Fundraising – the professional body for UK fundraising. National Convention 2008 takes place from 7-9 July 2008 at the Hilton London Metropole, Edgware Road.
4. The Management Centre Sessions at National Convention 2008:
– Achieving high-level results through leadership, Monday 7th July, 4.15pm, Julia Bellingham, Fundraising & Management Training Consultant
– Building personal credibility in the ask, Tuesday 8th July, 9.30am, Bernard Ross, Director and Julia Bellingham, Management Training Consultant
– Dispelling the myths – the truth about what really works in major donor fundraising, Tuesday 8th July, 9.30am, Angela Cluff, Principal Fundraising Consultant
– The innovation challenge – how to move beyond ‘nice’ ideas, Tuesday 8th July, 11.15am, Bernard Ross, Director
– Driving change – why don’t they all stand up and cheer?, Tuesday 8th July, 11.15am, Judy Beard, Principal Management Consultant
– Major gifts – do less, raise more! Wednesday 9th July, 9.30am, Ann-Marie Kelly, Fundraising Consultant with Andy Taylor, Director of Fundraising & Marketing, Action for Blind People
– 5 ways to make a powerful case for support
Wednesday 9th July, 11.15am, Bernard Ross, Director with Tim Hunter, Deputy Director of Fundraising, NSPCC
Get free email updates
Keep up to date with fundraising news, ideas and inspiration with a weekly or daily email. [Privacy]