Delegates registering to attend UK Fundraising’s Perfect Pitch – Gift Aid are providing plenty of questions for the range of experts that will be speaking at the 29 November event.
UK Fundraising’s Perfect Pitch – Gift Aid event now has over 100 delegates registered. To make sure the event serves the needs of the charities attending, delegates have been invited to send in their questions and concerns about Gift Aid. These questions will be shared with the presenters beforehand to make sure that the issues are covered and answered on the day.
The questions and concerns cover a wide range of fundraising activities and demonstrate that the detail of Gift Aid is still not understood by enough charities.
These are just some of the issues raised so far:
* Gift Aid for challenge events (UK & overseas)
* claiming Gift Aid on raffle tickets and additional donations
* claiming Gift AId on tickets for a charity event
* is a tick on a Gift Aid box sufficient to process that specific donation without providing further evidence to the charity?
* what benchmarks exist in claiming Gift Aid?
* is there easy and concise language to explain Gift Aid to donors?
* can the admission fee to an event be split into admission fee and donation and Gift Aid claimed on the donation?
* is a telephone confirmation sufficient for a Gift Aid donation or is a written confirmation also required?
* what software helps keep Gift Aid accounting straightforward?
* what is the minimum address details required from the donor?
* is an employer’s address sufficient for an individual donor giving at work via a sponsorship form?
* best practice on administering jointly made Gift Aid declarations
* Gift Aid on voluntary contributions towards the cost of hosting an event?
If these kinds of questions are causing problems for your charity then you can still register for Perfect Pitch – Gift Aid and come to find out the answers.
Get free email updates
Keep up to date with fundraising news, ideas and inspiration with a weekly or daily email. [Privacy]