Funding information service SMALLfri is once again sharing some funding news with UK Fundraising. The Home Office has extended the Connecting Communities grant programme, the new version being called Connecting Communities Plus.
Grants will continue to be given to race equality projects and community cohesion activities throughout England. Strategic and project grants are open to applications now, further details of a small community grants programme will be issued early in 2006. £18 million will be available between April 2006 and March 2009.
The scheme is intended to implement the objectives within the Government’s Improving Opportunity, Strengthening Society strategy. Specifically these are: Improving access and outcomes for BME communities in education, employment, health, housing and the Criminal Justice System; Increasing BME communities’ confidence in public services; Tackling racism and extremism; Bringing together communities from different races and faiths, and promoting a shared sense of belonging.
The three levels of grants are:
* Strategic grants, which are for national organisations working across English regions. Up to £150,000 a year will be available for three years. The money is not for projects but for capacity building.
* Project grants, are for work in at least one England region. Grants will range from £12,000 to £100,000 a year. Most grants will be for less than £70,000.
* Community Grants will be for local groups and will rarely be above £6000. At this stage the Home Office is only inviting expressions of interest for Strategic or Project grants. Full details are available on 0845 121 5195 or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The details are also available at a4e’s website.
a4e, a training and employment development organisation specialising in work with disadvantaged people, is managing the scheme for the Home Office.
Some preapplication information sessions are available, and you may still have time to book on these. They are on:
* 3rd November 2005 in Manchester;
* 4th November 2005 in Leeds.
To book call 0845 121 5195.
Closing date: 18 November 2005 for expressions of interest. If invited, full bids will need to be made by 11 January 2006.
SMALLfri is the subscription funding information service for new and small organisations.
Get free email updates
Keep up to date with fundraising news, ideas and inspiration with a weekly or daily email. [Privacy]