Charity CRM |What to look out for when it comes to choosing the best charity Customer Relationship Software
Many charities might not require the full features that most CRM software provides. Medium and large charities, however, definitely will if they want to manage their organisation in an efficient manner.
As these charities handle large amount of money ether contributed by donors or raised through fund raising activities, an efficient method needs to be in place to keep track of it all. Specialised software for charity and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) has been around for some time and those who use CRM software to manage their charities are able to provide a better service to the beneficiaries of the charity, Why? Because it allows the charity to keep up to date with every amount raised and spent allowing the charity to really streamline its operations. However before purchasing any king of CRM software it is important to have a look at some of the features.
These are some of the major factors to look for when you are ready to buy your charity content management relationship software. Keep in mind that the type of software you purchase or the package, should depend on the size and requirements of your organisation. Don't buy expensive and complicated software, if you don't have the staff for training or the charity is very small and can get by with less robust software. Always scale up your software as the charity grows. You may not have the funds to maintain the software and to bring in someone to train staff on the use of the software. This expense maybe too much for your small charity to handle. So tailor the charity management software to fit your organisation’s budget and database size.
When buying your software look out for these key features. You should have modules that could handle donor contributions and donor contact information all under the same module. Additionally, any CRM or Customer Relationship Management software should provide the charity with one centralised place, where all the information on donors and supporters are stored. This leads to greater efficiencies between different branches of the same charity and cuts out data redundancy. It will also improve efficiency and effectiveness of the organisation to get projects completed and help attracting new members and volunteers. Additionally Charity customer relationship management software systems can handle allocation of funds, grants and other services and keep track of them.
It should also allow quick retrieval of information in report form so that there can be a speedy and comprehensive look at the organisation’s funds and projects by donors, directors, staff and any regulatory authority should they request to do so at any time.
Charity CRM: Organise your constituent data in one unified database!
Make smarter, timelier decisions so you can raise more money for your cause.
DonorPerfect, the world’s leading cloud based fundraising software, has teamed up with DMACS Ltd in the UK to provide a proven fundraising solution with the support you need to succeed. With your free trial of DonorPerfect, you’ll see how DonorPerfect organises all your donor information in one database, making it easy to stay close to your best supporters, track gifts, send thank you notes, produce fundraising appeals, track campaign effectiveness, process and submit your Gift Aid claims online.
- Build lasting constituent relationships – Data is updated in real time giving all staff members anytime / anywhere access to the same up to-date information, including all constituent contacts and a full giving history. With our mobile app they can even access the data on their smart phone.
- Increase fundraising success - Powerful filtering and social media tools convert your donor data into actionable “donor intelligence” and more targeted, less costly solicitations. Identify lapsed donors to refine your communication. Use sophisticated campaign tracking tools for analysing and evaluating your solicitation results and continuous campaign improvements.
- Keep fundraising costs low - Reduce administrative tasks and data entry time, eliminating nearly all manual processing.
- Easy to learn and use - The N-TEN Consumer Guide* says "DonorPerfect has as strong functionality as any system we reviewed...and they are laid out to be among the easiest to use". Easily customizable, you can even add fields and change screens yourselves!
Plus, you have the assurance in knowing that DonorPerfect has served the not for profit community for almost 30 years, supporting over 10,000 clients, including many of the world's largest and most prestigious organisations. Plus, N-TEN and Idealware gave DonorPerfect more “Excellent” ratings than any other donor management solution in their report “A Consumer Guide to Low Cost Donor Management Systems”.
For more information on how DonorPerfect can help your charity, please call 0800 088 7378 or go to www.donorperfect.co.uk
- Organise contacts and develop donors
- Report & analyse your results
- Handle all types of fundraising activities
- Track, process, & recognise donations
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.donorperfect.co.uk
- Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9:00-5:30
Advertise to UK Fundraising’s audience
Contact us at:
Editorial: Howard Lake – 01206 579081
Advertising: Trevor Dorrell – 0845 094 80 33