HMRC has published a guide on payroll giving and Gift Aid for school charities, designed to help them understand how they can make the most of these methods of tax-effective giving.
‘Gift Aid & Payroll Giving: a reference guide for school charities’ features a summary of how Gift Aid and Payroll Giving work and which donations qualify.
It also covers examples of funds received by school charities and explains which qualify for Gift Aid. These include:
• Appeals to fund extra lessons
• Non-uniform days
• Schools fees
• Appeals towards school running costs
• Appeals to fund scholarships
• Appeals to a general reserve fund
• Educational school trips
• Appeals to buy a minibus or other equipment
• Sponsored events
• Payments to e-Learning Foundations
• Building appeals
• Other fundraising events
Gift Aid & Payroll Giving: a reference guide for school charities is available as a free PDF download.
Get free email updates
Keep up to date with fundraising news, ideas and inspiration with a weekly or daily email. [Privacy]