The awards were launched to recognise the most exciting, innovative and effective use of digital in fundraising in the UK. The finalists were chosen by a panel of digital experts: Sylwia Presley, Steve Bridger and Ross McCulloch, chaired by UK Fundraising editor Howard Lake.
In keeping with the digital theme, fundraisers are now invited to vote online to decide who wins. The winners will be announced at an Awards party on 9 October in central London.
“We received some outstanding entries from both well-known names and less high profile organisations, but even some of them did not make it to the shortlist,” said UK Fundraising editor and chair of the judging panel, Howard Lake. “We were looking not just for great digital work but great digital work that had tangible fundraising results and we have a pleasing mix of large and small organisations that achieved that. This highlights the strength of digital fundraising in the UK and we look forward to announcing the winners and showcasing their work on the 9th.”
Online voting is now open
The shortlist is as follows. Public voting is now open.
• Acorns Children’s Hospice: Aston Villa FC Text to Donate Challenge
• Alzheimers Society: Distributions Got Talent
• Rotary Club of Grantham: Rotary Global Swimathon
• Macmillan Cancer Support: The World’s Biggest Coffee Morning
• Hamish Henderson Archive Trust
• Manchester Modernist Society
• Action for Children and Elephant Family: The Big Egg Hunt
• SHINE: Shine Balloon Race
• Cool Earth: No Fun Being Extinct
• WaterAid: The Big Dig
• Action for Children & Elephant Family: The Faberge Big Egg Hunt
• Friends of the Elderly: What Christmas Means to You
• Royal Hospital for Neuro-Disability: Brain Awareness Week
• Timto group gifting platform
• Pennies, the electronic charity box
The judges decided outright winners for The Best Use of Email in Fundraising and Best Mobile App for Fundraising categories, as they stood out from other entries in the categories. These winners will also be announced on the awards night.
1,146 total views, 2 views today