Working with Volunteers for Community Fundraising Success
Re-energising grassroots fundraising
Join us at the only conference that specifically considers the relationship between fundraising and volunteering.
Volunteer fundraising is the most prevalent form of fundraising in the UK*. As such, volunteer-led fundraising activity is the most frequent way in which the majority of the public engage with and encounter fundraising practice, for example, through attending events, coffee mornings or meeting house to house collectors. Crossing the boundaries between the volunteering and fundraising worlds, this conference will explore how community fundraisers can work with volunteers to strengthen their fundraising overall. It will also explore other key community fundraising issues such as recognising long term value, best practice and developing new ideas.
This conference offers an opportunity to learn from the experts, hear from other organisations in the sector and gain understanding to help you re-energise your approach to community fundraising.
*The 2007 National Survey of Volunteering and Charitable Giving confirmed that two thirds of the 22 million people who volunteer every year do so as fundraisers
Conference topics include:
* Debate and discussion – recognising the value of community fundraising
* Administering regional fundraising networks
* Understanding volunteers and volunteering trends
* The Commission on the Future of Volunteering’s Manifesto for Change – understanding what it means for your organisation
* Recruiting, training and managing volunteer fundraisers
* Best practice, health and safety, and legal advice
Key speakers include:
* Rob Jackson, Director of Development and Innovation, Volunteering England
* Dr Jonathan Baker, Researcher, nfpSynergy
* Richard Lee, Head of Community Fundraising, Macmillan Cancer Support
* Asma Hussain, Volunteer Strategy Manager, Save the Children
* Stephen Wilkie, Community Fundraising Manager, Samaritans
* Sophie Hutchinson, Head of Supporter Fundraising, Breakthrough Breast Cancer
For more information:
Tel: 0845 337 2734