A one-day course for fundraisers, explaining what it takes to succeed in reaching out to and engaging with the Muslim donor in the UK.
Muslims contribute £31 billion to Britain’s GDP and donate over £500 million to various causes in the UK. In fact, Muslim philanthropy is one of the fastest growing giving markets in the UK. Find out how your charity could learn more about Muslims’ giving.
UK household brands have successfully targeted Muslim consumers for several years (e.g. through Ramadhan aisles, Halal butchers) and tapped into “the Muslim pound”, the charity sector has been slower to engage actively.
This crash course on fundraising from the Muslim community aims to address the dynamics related to the Muslim giver, including an overview of the basic tenant of charity in Islam, the Muslim giving landscape in the UK, the media landscape used for reaching out to Muslim donors and the core essentials of Muslim philanthropic psychology.
This course will cover:
• Understanding the landscape of the Muslim giving sector
• Framing for marketing and fundraising success
• Dynamics of Muslim philanthropic psychology
• Why and to whom Muslim donors give
• Insights into what it takes to succeed in reaching out to and engaging the Muslim donor
• Types of Muslim Giving
• How technology and social media is transforming the Muslim giving space
• Muslim giving: opportunities and challenges for mainstream charities
• Developing your Zakat process – Case Studies
• Zakat Process, Calculation & Recipients
• Legacy Giving & Wills
• Waqf/Permanent Endowments
Trainers: Ikhlaq Hussain and Kashif Shabir