Tiggywinkles deals with high volumes of animals, supporters and visitors but was struggling with disparate databases and stand-alone processes.
With Harlequin CRM it now has a streamlined, single solution for its front-line service and back-end office. It has a complete view of information and relationships, and plans to lever the success of its membership and gift adoption schemes – and deliver CRM and website integration in the future.
Why did you need a new system?
We look after around 10,000 animal casualties each year; that’s up to 70 casualties each day. How we accessed information was becoming far too complicated; we could not easily see what supporters and rescuers were doing for us or tie them to the animal they had brought in.
How do you use Harlequin CRM?
• Animal casualties: Our front-line team enter each casualty on the system, track its treatment plan and create a linked contact record for the person who brought it in.
• Fundraising: Supporter relationships are being strengthened with the system; when Mr Smith calls up to ask “how is my hedgehog?” we now have a complete picture of our relationship with him and how he supports us. We manage our gift adoptions by allocating an animal type and payment schedule, and co-ordinate via bulk pack mailings. We also make good use of the collection tin tool within the software.
• Accounting: All gifts are logged on the system to be thanked and banked. Gift Aid is processed on relevant donations including those from our visitor centre; we scan Gift Aid declarations and store each against the contact record. Uploading our Gift Aid schedules to the new Inland Revenue website is very straightforward. Converting many of our standing orders into direct debts on the system has also saved us hours of time in monthly administration – it is much simpler.
• Membership: Members are logged on the system with renewal information, alerts and standard letters – monthly renewals are issued in batches.
• Communications: The category types we have set-up will ensure we send information to the right people at the right time. People can opt-in for our newsletter and determine how often they want to hear from us.
What are the key benefits?
• Saved time and money for the charity.
• Centralised data and streamlined processes across the entire organisation.
• A more joined up service for animals, rescuers and supporters.
• A smoother front-of-house process for staff and volunteers.
• Robust back-end processes.
• Adherence to best practice in donor care, Gift Aid and communications management.
• Potential to increase donations, members and adoptions and interact more with our 60,000 centre visitors.
How is aftercare support?
Customer service is fantastic – we’ve never had a problem at all. They are always there to help.
Read the full Tiggywinkles case study.
More about Tiggywinkles
Tiggywinkles, The Wildlife Hospital Trust is the world’s leading wildlife hospital. It specialises in the rescue and treatment of wild animals and since its inception in 1978 has treated over 200,000 patients. It is based at Haddenham in Buckinghamshire where it operates an animal hospital and visitor centre, and teaches wild animal practice to aspiring veterinary surgeons nurses and carers. All UK wild animals are treated free of charge to the public. The charity receives no state funding and relies on public support and membership income.
More about Harlequin Software Ltd
Harlequin designs CRM, fundraising and accounting software that enables charities to stand out and achieve strategic success. Harlequin utilises the Microsoft SQL Server relational database and .NET technologies.
Established in 1986, Harlequin supports 275 not-for-profit organisations across the UK. With a 99% client retention rate, Harlequin works with healthcare and welfare organisations, faith charities, education establishments, museums, arts charities and membership associations. In 2014, 2013, 2012 and 2011 Harlequin topped the Charity CRM Software Survey. In 2014 Harlequin was voted Best Database Supplier in the Institute of Fundraising’s Partners in Fundraising Awards.
Get free email updates
Keep up to date with fundraising news, ideas and inspiration with a weekly or daily email. [Privacy]