Are you a senior member of staff with no fundraising experience who has been given responsibility for fundraising? This workshop could be for you.
Do you oversee fundraising and need to assess its effectiveness but don’t know how to?
Whether you are establishing a new fundraising function, or working to increase your revenue and/or capital funding from a range of sources, 'Managing the Fundraising Function for non-fundraisers!' will give you the tools to ensure that your organisation can fund its work, even in challenging times. The workshop will help you to understand fundraising and develop a strong and broadly based fundraising function to drive income for your charity.
This workshop is designed principally for chief executives, finance directors and recently appointed fundraising directors who do not have a specialist background in fundraising.
The workshop will give you an understanding of:
– how to develop a fundraising strategy which meshes with your organisational strategy
– how to ensure you have the right people, doing the right things
– what to expect of those in fundraising roles and the key questions to ask in order to assess performance
– the principles involved in fundraising from all sources including statutory sources, trusts & foundations, companies, community organisations, trading & enterprise and individuals (major donor and legacies)
– how to determine the level of investment you should commit to different types of fundraising, and what return you should expect
– your role in managing relationships with key funders
– how to motivate your trustees to play an appropriate role in fundraising
The workshop will be led by David Saint, Chairman of Action Planning, who has helped many of Britain's leading charities to generate more income from a wider range of sources and is designed principally for those chief executives and recently appointed fundraising directors who do not have a specialist background in fundraising.
Here are some comments from those who have attended this workshop in the past:
"Attending this course has been an excellent investment. It is one of the best courses I have been on for a long time." Mike Wilkerson, Head of Fundraising and Support Services, St Wilfred's Hospice
"The session on how to select and manage a Fundraising Director was particularly instructive." Terry Huxtable, Chief Executive, Dr Hadwen Trust
"Excellent and so useful." Carol Stone, Chief Executive, Ellenor Lions Hospice
The attendance fee is £159.00 including VAT and all course materials. For further information on workshop dates http://www.actionplanning.co.uk/managingfundraising. You can also book by email or by contacting the Events team on 020 8661 8060.
Get free email updates
let us keep you up to date with fundraising news, ideas and inspiration with a weekly or daily email.