The next deadline for the Turkington Fund, which supports older peoples’ projects in Northern Ireland, is 11 October 2012.
The Fund was established in recognition and celebration of the contribution of older people to society. It offers funding (normally in the range of £200 – £3,000) for locally based community projects that are planned and run by and for older people.
In particular the Fund will support:
• The promotion of interaction between older people and other sections of the community • Activities to address shared concerns amongst groups of older people
• Activities that focus on the positive contribution of older people within the community • Projects that enhance the active participation of older people in decision-making and policy influence
• Encouragement of older people to engage with a range of social, educational, health and cultural activities
• Priority will be given to those applications that show a clear involvement of older people in the design and delivery of a project
• An emphasis will be placed on locally-based self-help groups that are working in disadvantaged areas.
The Fund will not support salaried posts, holidays, capital works, parties or promotion of religion.
Applications are administered by the Community Foundation NI and can made online at the Foundation’s website.
1,242 total views, 2 views today